MartinH 27/08/21 (On Behalf of N. Beavis, Seniors’ Secretary)
GOLF ON 6TH SEPTEMBER
Please be aware that Seniors’ golf will be on Monday 6th September and not Tuesday 7th September due to the Ladies Open being played on the 7th September.
The booking sheet is now open for tee bookings.
The ‘Meal Deal’ for the Seniors Section will restart on Thursday 17th August. Details and booking sheets can be found on the Seniors Section Notice Board.
MartinH 12/08/21 (On Behalf of N. Beavis, Seniors’ Secretary)
COMPETITION ENTRIES GUIDE
- SIGN INTO THE COMPETITION USING THE PSI SCREEN IN THE CLUBHOUSE OR VIA THE HOWDIDIDO APP ON YOUR MOBILE PHONE.
- DUE TO THE LACK OF PRINTER YOU WILL NEED TO WRITE IN THE COMPETITION NAME AND DATE, YOUR NAME AND HANDICAP.
- EXCHANGE CARDS WITH ONE OF YOUR PLAYING PARTNERS.
GUIDE ON COMPLETION OF ROUND
- CHECK AND AGREE YOUR SCORE WITH YOUR MARKER, YOU SHOULD ENTER YOU SCORE EITHER MEDAL NET OR STABLEFORD POINTS IN THE SMALL BOX ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THE CARD.
- ENTER YOU SCORE ON THE PSI SCREEN IN THE CLUBHOUSE OR USING THE HOWDIDIDO APP ON YOUR PHONE. THIS SHOULD (IN LINE WITH THE RULES OF GOLF) BE COMPLETED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AFTER YOUR ROUND IS COMPLETED BUT IN ANY CASE PRIOR TO LEAVING THE CLUB. PLACE YOUR CARD (ONCE ENTERED ONTO THE SYSTEM) IN THE SENIORS SCORECARD BOX WHICH IS SEPERATE TO THE CLUB BOX AND LOCATED IN THE FOYER.
- IF YOU EITHER FAIL TO ENTER YOUR SCORE OR THERE IS NO CARD RETURNED YOU WILL BE EITHER DISQUALIFIED OR HAVE AN NR RECORDED AGAINST YOUR NAME. CONTINUED NRS WILL BE REFERED TO THE HANDICAP CHAIRMAN AUTOMATICALLY BY ENGLAND GOLF WHO WILL RECOMMEND SANCTIONS FOR PLAYERS IF NECESSARY.
PLEASE FOLLOW THE ABOVE GUIDANCE IT SAVES TIME AND ALLOWS THOSE MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE RESPONSIBLE TO CLOSE COMPETITIONS IN A TIMELY MANNER WITH AS LITTLE FUSS AS POSSIBLE.
COMPETITION SCORE ENTRY (MOBILE OR IN CLUB)
Please ensure that you sign in BEFORE you commence your round (either on the HDID App or in the clubhouse).
All competition scores MUST be entered prior to leaving the golf club on the day of play. When entering scores please ensure that the input score agrees with the card score before accepting it. If you have accidentally accepted a wrong score please email firstname.lastname@example.org and inform the committee of the error. Scores cannot be corrected once the competition has been closed and you could be disqualified.
MartinH 16/04/2021 (Updated 07/08/2021)
MONTHLY MEDAL DRAWS
FROM THE 1ST JULY 2021 THE MONTHLY MEDALS WILL BE DRAWN COMPETITIONS. FOR ALL DRAWN COMPETITIONS YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ADD YOUR NAME TO A TIME BLOCK ON CLUB V1 21 DAYS PRIOR TO THE MEDAL BEING PLAYED. THE DRAW WILL TAKE PLACE THE FRIDAY BEFORE THE MEDAL IS PLAYED.
SENIORS COMPETITION AND TUESDAY THRASH
Player MUST NOT enter the Tuesday Thrash if they are entering the Seniors Tuesday competition. This causes a Handicap calculation error in the system as one is a 9 hole competition and therefore has a different handicap calculation.
Any player entering both competitions will be removed from the Tuesday Thrash.
SENIORS SECTION 2’s
Until further notice Tuesday 2’s will be on holes 2 & 11 and Thursday 2’s will be on holes 8 & 14.
This will be changed on an ad hoc basis if there is a nearest the pin on the 14th hole.